A great vegetarian one-pot recipe, perfect for a quick and easy mid-week meal this autumn.
- Serves 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Allergens: Dairy, Gluten, Sulphites (dependent on white wine used)
- 1 jar of Opies Cocktail Onions, rinsed and drained
- 2 large Aubergines, cut into 3cm slices
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 100ml White Wine
- 2tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Mozzarella Ball
- 25g Parmesan Cheese
- 75g Breadcrumbs
- Chopped Herbs to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Take a large frying pan, add 1-2tbsp of the olive oil and cook the aubergines slices in batches over a high heat. Ensure the aubergines get nicely browned for maximum flavour.
- Transfer the aubergines to a snug oven dish, overlapping the slices.
- Add 1tbsp of olive oil to the frying pan and cook the cocktail onions until they start to brown. Add the sliced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the white wine, tinned tomatoes, dried oregano and season with salt and pepper. Spoon over the aubergines.
- Tear the mozzarella and place over the dish. Then sprinkle over the parmesan and finally scatter over the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese is hot and bubbling. Serve with crusty bread.
Tip: Ciabatta makes the best breadcrumbs, however, any thick crust bread will work well.